How low can you go? With the Beta 52A, it's pretty darn low. This microphone is specially designed for all kinds of bass, from kick drums to bass guitars. The Beta 52A will make your bass BOOM instead of getting lost in a low end swamp. The frequency response is 20Hz to 10kHz, and the mic is built to withstand the daily abuse of road work. Its supercardioid pattern aids isolation and it can handle up to 174dB SPL. For big bass sounds on stage or in the studio, the Beta 52A is the perfect choice.
Shure BETA 52A Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone at a Glance:
- Perfect for kick drum and other low frequency information
- 20Hz to 10kHz, presence boost at 4kHz
- Strong proximity effect for tonal variation
- Supercardioid pickup pattern for excellent isolation
- Max SPL: 174dB
Amazing Kick Stage Mic
The supercardioid pickup pattern limits interference from other on-stage sound sources and reduces feedback. The frequency response is perfectly tailored for bass instruments with a 20Hz to 10kHz frequency response and a presence boost at 4kHz to let electric basses and kick drums cut through the mix.
Great for Studio Work
In the studio, the Beta 52A excels on low-frequency sound sources. Supercardioid mics have a tendency toward increased proximity effect. Since the Beta 52A sports a supercardioid pickup pattern, positioning the mic closer to sound sources results in a bigger bottom-end response. This is great for tailoring the sound for the specific project.
Like all Shure mics, the Beta 52A is built like a tank, meaning that you can travel with it from gig to gig and rest assured that it will last. Shure mics are famous for their bulletproof construction, and the Beta 52 is no exception. Night after night, the Beta 52A will perform!
What Shure Says...
The Shure BETA®52A is a high output dynamic microphone with a tailored frequency response designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and "punch", and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels. The Beta 52A features a modified supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range to insure high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound. A built in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation, particularly if the microphone is to be placed inside a kick drum. The stand adapter keeps the microphone position fixed and resists slipping, even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations. A hardened steel mesh grille protects the Beta 52A from the abuse and wear associated with touring.
Shure BETA 52A Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone Features:
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built–in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
- Studio quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Shure Beta 52A - Great kick and bass sounds on stage or in the studio!
|Manufacturer Part Number