You'll love Shure's 55SH Series UNIDYNE II if you long for the days when mics carried a little weight and substance, and dig the look and feel of the classic mics of the '50s and '60s. This cardioid dynamic vocal mic updates Shure's UNIDYNE series with classic looks and thoroughly modern performance characteristics. Vocals sound incredible through this mic! Features of the 55SH UNIDYNE II include low impedance, a frequency response of 50Hz to 15kHz, and an on/off switch. Make a statement with your Shure 55SH UNIDYNE II mic today!
Shure 55SH UNIDYNE Series II Dynamic Microphone at a Glance:
- A great dynamic mic tailor made for live performance
- Looks that harken back to the best of the past
- Thoroughly modern sounding performance
- Great noise rejection via a cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency response: 50Hz to 15kHz
- Stand mount built into the mic
When encountering this mic for the first time, the sonic characteristics aren't exactly the first thing you're going to notice. The Shure SH55 UNIDYNE II, while sounding great, is an absolute showpiece when rocking with your band onstage. It's signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing really makes it stand out in the crowded field of dynamic microphones, vying for your attention.
With it's obviously vintage leaning looks, the SH55 UNIDYNE II offers you the modern performance that you expect from a Shure microphone. Like some of Shure's other classic designs, the SH55 UNIDYNE II has a voice tailored for speech, and other vocals with a very present top end. And it even works great on instruments, really helping them cut through a dense mix.
Cardioid pickup pattern
Since this mic is designed to rule a loud stage, the SH55 UNIDYNE II was designed with a cardioid polar pattern. That makes sure it's getting your vocals out to your audience, without also sending out the loud din of the rest of your band's sound bleeding through. It'll give you just what you want, and none of what you don't.
What Shure Says...
An unmistakable stage icon for decades, the Shure 55SH Series II Unidyne® Vocal Microphone features a signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing for pure vintage look and feel with modern acoustic components to meet today's performance standards. This microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak. The 55SH Series II microphone has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
Shure 55SH UNIDYNE Series II Dynamic Microphone Features:
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
Get the best of today and the past in the Shure UNIDYNE SH55 II!
|Manufacturer Part Number
||55SH SERIES II