Shure's outstanding Beta 91A half-cardioid condenser boundary microphone lets you capture a kick drum's true punch, without taking up a lot of real estate onstage. In fact, the Beta 91A excels at picking up all kinds of low-frequency-intensive instruments; its response is tailored for bass frequencies. The Beta 91A's integrated preamp makes it a very convenient condenser, and its ability to handle high SPLs means worry-free use in any environment (even with the loudest live drummers). A 2-position contour switch lets you choose between a flat response or a low-mid-scooped punchy response. You'll love what the Beta 91 does for your live sound!
Shure BETA 91A Half-Cardioid Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Uniform half-cardioid polar pattern for maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound
- Precision-engineered low-profile design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for kick drum/low frequency applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Two-position contour switch to maximize attack and clarity depending on application: select the flat response setting for natural sound in most applications or the “low-mid scoop” setting for a strong low frequency “punch” with plenty of higher frequency attack
- Requires no external mounting or accessories for ease of use and storage
- Furnished with zipper pouch
Like all Shure mics, the Beta 91A is built like a tank, meaning that you can travel with it from gig to gig and rest assured that it will last. Shure mics are famous for their bulletproof construction, and the Beta 91A is no exception. Night after night, the Beta 91A will perform!
What Shure Says...
The Shure BETA®91A is designed for use with kick drums, as well as other traditional low-frequency applications including piano. Featuring an updated microphone capsule, integrated preamplifier, and XLR connection, Beta 91A offers a strong low-frequency response and is specifically tailored for bass frequency applications. The Beta 91A combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound, even at extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL).
Shure BETA 91A Half-Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features:
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Impedance: 146 Ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -48.5 dBV/Pa (3.8mV)
- Maximum SPL ( kHz at 1% THD): 1,000 ohm load: 151dB; 2500 Ohm load: 155dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1kHz): 64 dB
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz): 1,000 Ohm load: 121.5dB; 2500 Ohm load: 125.5dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20Hz-20kHz): >55dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1% THD) 1,000 ohm load: 7.50dBV, 2,500 ohm load: 12.5dBV
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 29.5dB SPL-A
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: 16.6 oz.
- Frequency Contour Switch: 7dB of attenuation centered at 400Hz
- Connector: 3-pin XLR, balanced
- Power Requirements: 11-52 Vdc phantom power, 5.6 mA
- Zipper pouch included
Shure's Beta 91A condenser boundary mic captures your kick drum's punch perfectly, with low-profile convenience!
|Signal to Noise Ratio
||29.5dB (A weighted)
||Zippered Carrying Bag
|Manufacturer Part Number