Need to maneuver your mic into a tight spot on the drums? Then you'll love Shure's Beta 98AMP/C mini condenser microphone/preamp. Its diminuitive size makes the Beta 98AMP/C perfect for situations in which a full-sized mic just won't fit - but, this mini mic doesn't compromise on impressive, accurate sound. Its cardioid pickup pattern helps keep unwanted outside sounds at bay. The Beta 98AMP/C comes complete with a compact preamp unit, gooseneck, and quick-release clip (perfect for stand or instrument mounting), so you get both perfect placement you need to make great sound happen.
Shure Beta 98AMP/C Miniature Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone at a Glance:
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Precision-engineered design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Flexible gooseneck for precise placement and easy adjustment
- Ships with A75M Universal Microphone mount with quick release, for versatile and secure instrument and/or stand mounting
- Furnished with snap-fit windscreen and zipper pouch
Like any other Shure mic, the Beta 8AMP/C is built to withstand just about anything. Shure mics are renowned industy-wide for being virtually indestructable. All of their designs go through the same durability testing from drops, to humidity, to heat tests, and more! Shure mics are one of the top choices for live performance worldwide for one very simple reason: They perform night after night, no matter how rough it gets.
What Shure Says...
The Shure BETA®98AMP is a precision-engineered miniature cardioid condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. Features an integrated XLR preamplifier with a flexible gooseneck and the A75M Universal Microphone Mount for accurate placement in any configuration of toms, snares, or percussion. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback, off-axis rejection of unwanted noise, and high maximum sound pressure level (SPL).
Shure Beta 98AMP/C Miniature Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Preamp, Clip, and Gooseneck Features:
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 179 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -48.0 dBV/Pa (4.0 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1kHz at 1% THD) 1,000 ohm load: 144dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94dB SPL at 1kHz): 64dB
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz) 1,000 ohm load: 114dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20Hz-20kHz): >50 dB
- Clipping Level (1kHz at 0.25% THD): 1,000 ohm load: 1.0dBV (1.26V)
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 30dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: 0.6 oz.
- Connector: 3-pin XLR, male, balanced
- Includes Preamp with XLR Connection
- Includes Gooseneck and Quick-release Clip, for Easy and Accurate Placement, Mounting, and Removal
- Requires +48V phantom power
Shure's Beta 98AMP/C makes a perfect condenser mic for tight spots!
||Mic Mount, Mic Clip, Carry Pouch, Windscreen
|Manufacturer Part Number