If you're recording horns, the Shure Beta 98H/C the mic to go to. You get a smooth sound that's detailed enough to be bright yet easily tamable into the warm glow that most modern music demands. A clip allows you to attach the Beta 98H/C to the bell of just about any horn and some woodwinds, and a gooseneck extension lets you place the capsule of the mic right at the sweet spot of the instrument. The Beta 98H/C is also an excellent choice for percussion and some stringed instruments. Once you have one, you'll find yourself using your Beta 98H/C on all kinds of instruments.
Shure BETA 98H/C Mini Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone at a Glance:
- 10' high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection) included
- Designed to meet the demands of brass, woodwinds, and percussion
- Flexible integrated gooseneck
- Clip-on clamp for secure fit and precise positioning
- No external mounting hardware required
- Requires +48V phantom power
Like any other Shure mic, the Beta 98H/C is built to withstand just about anything. Shure mics are renowned industy-wide for being virtually indestructable. All of their designs go through the same durability testing from drops, to humidity, to heat tests, and more! Shure mics are one of the top choices for live performance worldwide for one very simple reason: They perform night after night, no matter how rough it gets.
What Shure Says...
The BETA®98H/C and the wireless version WB98H/C are premium cardioid condenser instrument microphones that clamp onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the mic to be easily positioned and secured, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument 'key noise' and other mechanical noise. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the microphone placement during more active performances.
Shure BETA 98H/C Mini Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone Features:
- The Beta 98 H/C feature transformerless preamplifier circuitry which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- The Beta98H/C features a 3 m (10 ft.) high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection)
- Tailored frequency response for open, natural sound reproduction
- Compact, lightweight construction provides a low degree of visibility
- Gooseneck, ratcheting swivel joint and gooseneck angle brace allow for optimum placement and fixed positioning
- Legendary Shure ruggedness and reliability
- Interchangeable replacement cartridges:
- RPM108 : Cardioid
- RPM110 : Supercardioid
For an excellent instrument mic that's perfect for brass, pick up a Shure Beta 98H/C!
|Manufacturer Part Number