Duesenberg make some genuinely great looking guitars and the Starplayer has a real rock attitude to it. In a stunning red with nickel finish hardware it looks sleek and subtle while the pickups kick out some serious power and midrange punch.Duesenberg Feel
The Starplayer TV guitar has a unique sound that you can't really get anywhere else. Part of this comes from its acoustic guitar inspired wood choice of a laminated spruce top with laminated flamed maple back and sides. This not only makes that guitar sound huge when unplugged but it also gives you a unique classic tone that works wonderfully for any clean or crunch tones. The neck is made out of a single piece of maple that is set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. Finishing off the wood choices you have an Indian rosewood fingerboard keeping the playing slick and smooth.Custom Pickup design
This guitar gives you the unique combination of a Domino P90 for bright lead work and a vintage humbucker for deep rhythm sounds. Both pickups are great sounding, you get vintage tone in the bridge and a more modern tone form the neck P90. The PH-90 is a great pickup with hum canceling, combined with the humbucker this gives you great clean tones without that single coil hum. The tremelo arm is subtle, well positioned and feels great to play. All together this is a great sounding guitar.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Starplayer TV DLX
The Starplayer TV DLX is a semi hollow, dual pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring arched top and flat back, bent sides, twin F-Hole construction and a 647mm scale.
Following the tradition of former German luthiers, we selected Spruce as our choice wood for the top. When you turn the guitar around, you will see that we chose flamed maple for the back and sides, which slightly shimmers through the translucent black burst finish.
The DLX is fitted with our classically wound Grand Vintage humbucker for the bridge position, giving you clear and balanced tone in any situation. The neck position sports our D-Tron humbucker, which is known for its distinct sparkling voice.
Each pickup can be individually modified with our Vario-Tone controls, which allow you to scoop certain frequencies out of the signal, giving you endless options to personalize your tone.
All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for. For the DLX, we chose a unique kind of fretboard inlays, called Diamond inlays. Additionally, the DLX features our Radiator Tremolo, the brother of our highly successful Diamond Deluxe Tremola.
The DLX is amongst our most desired instruments.
We would be happy to make yours.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid diamonds
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: rosewood
- Type: Semi-acoustic with sustain block, bent sides, 2 f-holes
- Top: laminated spruce, arched
- Back: laminated flamed maple, flat
- Sides: laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 x 7 cm / 18.11" x 13.38" x 2.75"
- Binding: cream, 5-layer purfling
- Pickguard: transparent
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Radiator Tremolo
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Case: Included
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg D-Tron Humbucker
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 2 Vario-Tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: case (included)
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)