If you’ve performed as a solo act, you know the pain of having to switch instruments to lay down a bass line. The Bass9 Bass Machine pedal from Electro-Harmonix has solved that issue. This guitar effects pedal allows you to turn your guitar into a bass to record a quick bass loop before jumping back into the lead line. You can choose between 9 awesome presets that cover the legendary bass sounds from Precision to Longhorn, or Bowed to Synth. At Music Experience, we especially liked the 3:03 setting that captures the genre-defining squelch of the ’80s. If you’re using a looper, this pedal will be perfect for you. Kiss your unwanted instrument changes goodbye and say hello to the Bass9.
Room for customization
With the Electro-Harmonix Bass9 Bass Machine, you can dial in your perfect sound quickly and easily. You start with 9 basic bass sounds and can use the Dry and Effect knobs to dial in your perfect dry/wet balance. Then you can use the Control 1 and Control 2 knobs to shape the sound using key parameters for each bass type. The Bass9 has two outputs — Dry and Effect — to let you route your sound through different amps for even more customization. With the wide variety of tonal options available to play with, you won’t get tired of using Electro-Harmonix Bass9 Bass Machine.
9 Bass Types to Experiment With
- Split Bass
What Electro-Harmonix Says...
The polyphonic BASS9 Bass Machine transforms a guitar into nine different basses and requires no special pickups, MIDI or instrument modifications. It relies on the same technology powering all EHX 9 Series pedals, like the award winning MEL9® Tape Replay Machine, but features a new algorithm maximized for transposing one to two octaves down with superior dynamics and tracking. A rotary switch allows the user to select the sound of their choice, as follows:
• PRECISION: Pays homage to the iconic Fender P Bass®
• LONGHORN: Emulates the Danelectro® 6-string bass, ideal for baritone type tones
• FRETLESS: Features both electric and standup fretless basses.
• SYNTH: A tribute to the classic Taurus® Synthesizer
• VIRTUAL: Lets the user adjust the bass’s body density and neck length for a variety of bass sounds
• BOWED: Classic bowed bass
• SPLIT BASS: Makes it possible for the guitarist to play bass on the lower strings (all notes below F#3) and chords or melody with the higher strings.
• 3:03: A polyphonic salute to the sought after Roland TB-303® vintage bass synth
• FLIP-FLOP: Inspired by EHX’s Octave Multiplexer, it provides a ’70s style logic driven sub-octave generator that tracks without glitches.
The pedal is equipped with independent Effect and Dry volume controls so guitarists can precisely tune their mix at the Effects output jack, plus an always-active Dry output jack that outputs the input signal at unity gain. Controls 1 and 2 have been designed to adjust specific parameters for each of the nine programs. For example, in PRECISION, CTRL 1 controls the sub-octaves while CTRL 2 imitates the original instrument’s tone control. The BASS9 comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply.
Electro-Harmonix Bass9 Features:
- Converts your electric guitar into a fat bass
- Control knobs adjust key parameters for shaping each bass type
- Dry and Effect knobs for dialing in a wet/dry balance
- 9 great presets covering all genres
- Separate Dry and Effect outputs for running into different amps
||Bass Guitar Modeling
||1 x 1/4"
||2 x 1/4" (effect, dry)
Precision, Longhorn, Fretless, Synth, Virtual, Bowed, Split Bass, 3:03, Flip Flop
||9V DC power supply (included)
|Manufacturer Part Number