With 12 effects types plus a full-featured looper section, the Electro-Harmonix Grand Canyon delay and looper pedal is one of the most comprehensive and creative delay pedals you could put on your pedalboard. Effects range from vibrant delays and echos to animated pitch effects, reverbs, sample/hold, and more. The looper provides up to 16 minutes of recording, and your looped audio remains until you clear it — even after you turn the Grand Canyon off. For more delay effects and looping capabilities than you could ever ask for, check out the Electro-Harmonix Grand Canyon delay and looper pedal.
At its heart, the EHX Grand Canyon is an incredibly deep delay pedal. With a twist of the selector knob, you can choose from 12 different delay effects, including modulated delay, tape-like delay, and even a Shimmer setting. The Tap Div button determines the rhythmic subdivisions you'll access by tapping out the tempo. And holding it down changes the function of the control knobs for deep editing parameters.
The looping effect onboard the Grand Canyon pedal is plenty for practice, songwriting, and even live performance. Simply pull up the loop function and step on the footswitch to start, stop, overdub, and erase your loops. And you can get up to 16 minutes of loop length, which is a ton of time for such a multifaceted effects device. Guitarists at Music Experience especially appreciate the fact that your looped audio remains until you intentionally clear it, even if you remove the pedal's power supply.
Electro-Harmonix didn't stop with delay and a looper. They also crammed a great-sounding reverb setting into the unit. When blended with the onboard delay, this setting is ideal for worship guitarists and other players who lean toward the ambient. And adding in a quick delay with low repeats instantly calls to mind the slapback tones of the 1950s. The reverb on the Grand Canyon sounds so good that it would be well worth the price of admission on its own.
The Grand Canyon is EHX’s most advanced multifunction delay and looper pedal. It’s equipped with 12 effect types plus a fully featured looper capable of recording and overdubbing the Grand Canyon’s effects. The pedal provides superior sound quality, up to three seconds of delay time, tap tempo and nine tap divide settings, stereo output, 13 presets, programmable EXP pedal settings, high quality analog bypass with soft switching and more. The Grand Canyon’s 13 modes are:
1. ECHO – pristine 24-bit digital delay with available bit crush/sample rate reduction and low/high pass filtering
2. MOD – Modulated delay, yields rich flanger, chorus, vibrato, warble and more
3. MULTI – Multi-tap delay, set the exact number of echo repeats up to 31. Includes adjustable swell or decay volume envelopes on repeats.
4. REVERSE – Reverse delay, an easy-to-use reverse delay with an intelligent pick detection algorithm for great sounding reverse echoes
5. DMM – Deluxe Memory Man, re-creates the luscious tone of EHX ‘s legendary bucket-brigade delay pedal
6. TAPE – Tape Delay, simulates the organic sound of an analog tape, echo machine including tape distortion, wow and flutter
7. REVERB – Plate reverb plus echo. A reverberant echo where each repeat is followed by a wash of gorgeous plate reverb. Can also be used as a pure reverb without the delay
8. PITCH – EHX’s critically acclaimed polyphonic pitch shifting plus digital delay provides pitch-shifted echoes and cascading echo repeats
9. SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted wash of shimmering soundscapes
10. SAMPLE/HOLD – Sample and hold, senses a note being played and produces echoes indefinitely until another note is detected
11. DRUM – Magnetic drum echo that faithfully emulates a classic Binson Echorec® style delay. Features an assortment of playback head configurations that let you create musical, rhythmic, echo patterns
12. DOUBLE – Thickens up a mono signal or creates a stereo spread. Includes detune and delay time offset of the left and right outputs
13. LOOPER – Looper with up to 16 minutes of recording time. Includes unlimited overdubs, undo/redo, dedicated stop button, loop fade-out, reverse and speed adjust.
|Delay, Reverb and Looping
|1 x 1/4"
|2 x 1/4"
|1 x 1/4" (expression), 1 x 1/4" (external footswitch)
|Modulated Delay, Multi-tap, Reverse, Echo, Deluxe Memory Man, Tape, Reverb, Pitch, Shimmer, Sample/Hold, Drum Echo, Doubling
|Max Delay Time
|Analog Bypass with Soft Switching
|9V DC power supply (included)
|Manufacturer Part Number