With its two simultaneous, independent stereo reverb engines, the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 12 is one of the most creatively versatile reverb pedals we've seen at Music Experience. A total of 28 reverb modes cover everything from classic spring and hall reverbs to chorus/flanger reverbs, shimmer effects, and even polyphonic pitch shifting. And the stereo I/O scheme can be used for either true stereo operation or as mono I/O along with a mono send/return loop. Complete with a Tails switch that allows reverbs to decay naturally after you switch off the effect, the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 12 may be the dual stereo reverb your pedalboard has been waiting for.
28 total reverb modes to select from:
- Room: two modes, including a lively room and a spacious performance hall
- Spring: two modes, including a vintage tube reverb emulation and the EHX Holy Grail spring algorithm
- Plate: two modes, emulating the metal plates used in studios in the '60s and '70s
- Reverse: two modes, including reverse reverbs and "true reversed echoes"
- Echo: three modes, featuring digital delay with different echo rhythms
- Trem: three modes, featuring different tremolo waveshapes
- Mod: two modes, including chorus and flanger reverbs
- Dyna: three modes, including Swell, Gate, and Duck
- Auto-Inf: three modes of auto-infinite reverb, including chorus, flange, and reverb-only
- Shimmer: two modes, different versions of an octave-shifted reverb wash
- Polyphonic: two modes, including configurable bi-directional pitch shifts
- Resonant: two modes, including tunable resonation and self-oscillating filters
What Electro-Harmonix Says...
The Oceans 11’s big brother with even more reverbs and functionality. It features two simultaneous, independent, stereo reverb engines, series and parallel control for the dual reverbs, 24 presets and advanced I/O allowing for stereo in/out or mono send/return with pre and post reverb options. The pedal also includes a new Tide Control for stereo image alteration, a Lo-fi Control, an infinite attenuation control and an input jack for external expression and 3-button footswitch control. A Tails switch provides a choice of whether the reverb effect fades out naturally or stops immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass. In most settings the pedal is also capable of producing infinite reverb which can be played over with a different reverb effect. Comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply.
• ROOM – two modes: reverb algorithms modeled after a lively room and a spacious performance hall
• SPRING – two modes: vintage 1962 Fender® 6G15 tube reverb emulation and the spring algorithm from the EHX Holy Grail
• PLATE – two modes: two emulations of the smooth, metal plate reverb often used in high-end recording studios during the 1960s and ‘70s
• REVERSE – two modes: a reverse reverb effect as well as true reversed echoes
• ECHO – three modes: a digital delay with various echo rhythms feeding into a plate reverb
• TREM – three modes: a classic, periodic volume envelope with various shapes applied to both the wet and dry mix of a hall reverb
• MOD – three modes: combinations of chorus and flange reverbs that create rich reverb tails
• DYNA – three dynamic, experimental reverb algorithms: swell, gate and duck
• AUTO-INF – three modes: auto-infinite reverb (w/optional chorus or flange) that “listens” to your playing and crossfades to a new reverb wash upon detection of newly struck notes.
• SHIMMER – two modes: two configurations of a rich octave-shifted reverb wash
• POLYPHONIC – two modes: two configurable bi-directional pitch shifts that add dimensionality to the reverb tail
• RESONANT – two modes: reverb excited by tunable resonators and configurable self-oscillating filters on the reverb tail
Electro-Harmonix Oceans 12 Dual Stereo Reverb Pedal Features:
- Dual stereo reverb effects pedal with 24 presets
- Total of 28 different reverb/echo modes to explore
- Completely independent reverb engines can be configured in parallel or series
- Stereo I/O can be used for true stereo operation or as mono I/O plus a mono send/return loop (pre- or post-reverb)
- Tails switch allows reverb tails to decay naturally after switching the pedal off
- Tide control allows you to fine-tune the stereo image
- Input jack for expression pedal/footswitch
||1 x 1/4"
||2 x 1/4"
||Analog Bypass with Soft Switching
||9V DC power supply (included)
|Manufacturer Part Number