JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors are a great near- and midfield solution for any serious audio engineer or music producer. They're great for mixing music in your DAW software, editing video, or any other task that requires monitoring accuracy. JBL designed the 308P MkII with advanced features acquired from their 7 Series and M2 Master Reference Monitor, making legendary JBL performance accessible to every studio. JBL's innovative Image Control Waveguide works in concert with refined transducers to deliver a well-defined and incredibly dimensional stereo image. Ask anyone at Music Experience: from surprisingly rich lows to smooth highs, you'll find it easy to produce great-sounding recordings with JBL 308P MkII studio monitors.
Incredible stereo imaging thanks to an innovative waveguide
When you can clearly hear everything in your mix, you make accurate sonic judgments — which leads to better-sounding recordings. To that end, JBL applied innovative elements from their 7 Series and M2 Master Reference Monitors to give the 308P MkII truly impressive sound reproduction capabilities. The Image Control Waveguide design is one such feature, and it helps the 308P MkII present a deep, detailed soundstage and a wide, room-friendly sweet spot.
Ported design means more accuracy at low volume levels
Checking your mix at low volume levels is a great way to confirm your overall balances, but many monitors will suffer in the bass regions when monitoring at low levels. The JBL 308P MkII uses JBL's patented Slip Stream low-frequency port for accurate bass response at low playback levels. The double-flared port shape also reduces the turbulence some ported designs suffer from, meaning that bass response remains pure when you turn the 308P MkII back up.
Wide sweet spot equals a better studio experience
We're engineers, musicians, and producers, too — we know you don't spend every second of your studio time in the ideal mixing position. JBL 308P MkII monitors have a broad sweet spot, which means there's less variation in what you hear when you're not in the perfect position. Especially if you have clients in the room, you want consistent sound throughout your studio, and you'll like what you hear from the 308P MkII
What JBL Says...
The next-generation JBL 308P MkII powered studio monitor makes legendary JBL performance available to every studio. With the revolutionary JBL Image Control Waveguide and refined transducers, JBL 308P MkII offers stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet spot and impressive dynamic range that enhances the mix capabilities of any modern workspace. Leveraging patented technologies derived from the JBL 7 Series and M2 Master Reference Monitors and sporting a sleek, modern design, JBL 308P MkII delivers outstanding performance and an enjoyable mix experience at an accessible price.
JBL 308P MKII Active Studio Monitor Pair Features:
- NEW Next-generation JBL transducers for optimized transient response and enhanced linearity
- NEW Boundary EQ settings compensate for environmentally induced low-frequency anomalies
- Patented Image Control Waveguide for detailed imaging and a wide, room-friendly sweet spot
- Patented Slip Stream low-frequency port for superior bass performance at all playback levels
- Integrated custom Class D amplifiers deliver 112 watts (LF: 56W; HF: 56W) of power for high output and dynamic range
- Frequency response (±3dB): 45Hz–20kHz
- HF Trim switch adjusts high-frequency output to accommodate room acoustics or personal preferences
- Flexible connectivity with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, +4dBu/–10dBV input-sensitivity switch, and volume control
- Engineered to JBL Linear Spatial Reference design criteria for outstanding accuracy in any acoustical environment
- Strenuous JBL 100-hour power test ensures years of reliability
- Shielded for safe placement near magnetically sensitive equipment
- Sleek, modern design provides a dramatic flair to any studio
- Compact footprint accommodates a variety of studio spaces
- Sold as a pair
|LF Driver Size
|LF Driver Type
|HF Driver Size
|HF Driver Type
|LF Driver Power Amp
|HF Driver Power Amp
||112W Class D
||45Hz-20kHz (±3dB), 37Hz-24kHz (-10dB)
|Maximum Peak SPL
||1 x XLR, 1 x TRS
|Manufacturer Part Number