Whether you're miking drums, wind instruments, pianos, or anything that requires placement in a tight spot, you'll love Shure's Beta 98A/C mini condenser microphone. Its diminuitive size makes the Beta 98A/C perfect for situations in which a full-sized mic just won't fit - but, this mini mic doesn't compromise on impressive, accurate sound. Its cardioid pickup pattern helps keep unwanted outside sounds at bay, while the included shockmount swivel adapter makes it easy to mount the Beta 98A/C to a standard microphone stand.
Shure BETA 98A/C Miniature Cardioid Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Precision-engineered design for unobtrusive microphone footprint
- Beta 98A models ship with external in-line preamplifier for discreet cable placement, snap-fit windscreen, and zipper pouch
- Beta 98AD/C ships with A98D drum mount featuring a flexible gooseneck for precise placement and secure attachment
- Beta 98A/C ships with RK282 shock mount swivel adapter for attachment to any standard microphone stand
Like any other Shure mic, the Beta 98A/C is built to withstand just about anything. Shure mics are renowned industy-wide for being virtually indestructable. All of their designs go through the same durability testing from drops, to humidity, to heat tests, and more! Shure mics are one of the top choices for live performance worldwide for one very simple reason: They perform night after night, no matter how rough it gets.
What Shure Says...
The Shure BETA®98A is a precision-engineered compact, high-output miniature condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback and off-axis rejection of unwanted noise. Both Beta 98A configurations feature high sound pressure level capability (SPL). Beta 98AD/C includes A98D drum mount with flexible gooseneck that makes it an essential, accurate choice for toms, snares, and percussion. Beta 98A/C is recommended for a variety of acoustic or amplified instruments including drums, piano, reed, wind, and strings.
Shure BETA 98A/C Miniature Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features:
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 179 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -48.0 dBV/Pa (4.0 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1kHz at 1% THD) 1,000 ohm load: 144dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94dB SPL at 1kHz): 64dB
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz) 1,000 ohm load: 114dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20Hz-20kHz): >50 dB
- Clipping Level (1kHz at 0.25% THD): 1,000 ohm load: 1.0dBV (1.26V)
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 30dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: 0.6 oz.
- Connector: 3-pin XLR, male, balanced
- Requires phantom power, +11V to +52 V
Shure's Beta 98A/C makes a perfect condenser mic for tight spots!
|Signal to Noise Ratio
||30dB (A weighted)
||In-line Preamp, Windscreen, Carry Pouch, Shock Mount, 25 ft. Cable
|Manufacturer Part Number